The Annual Statesman Dinner is a unique event that brings together a diverse group of business, civic, and elected leaders from around the state and across the political spectrum. It is Oregon’s signature political dinner attracting national speakers such as Senator John McCain, Columnist David Broder, Senator Chris Dodd, Congressman Paul Ryan, U.S. Secretary of Education Arne Duncan, U.S. Secretary of the Interior Sally Jewel, and journalist Shankar Vedantam.
Keynote Speaker: Susan O’Malley
Susan O’Malley was the first the first female president of a major professional sports franchise. O’Malley, currently a senior instructor of Sport and Entertainment Management at the University of South Carolina, became president of the NBA’s Washington Bullets (now Wizards) in 1991 at the age of 29. She eventually added oversight of the Washington Capitals NHL team, Washington Mystics WNBA team and Verizon Center arena to her responsibilities as president of Washington Sports Entertainment before leaving the company.
Statesman of the Year
The highlight of the event is the Statesman of the Year award, presented in recognition of extraordinary achievements for public service, consensus building and forging collaborative solutions to critical issues facing Oregon.
OBI offers sponsor tables (seats 10) at the following levels:
Statesman Table(s) at $5,000
- Includes premiere seating.
- Logo recognition in the evening’s program and event slide show, and on OBI’s online event page.
- Two tickets to OBI’s pre-dinner VIP reception.
- Sponsorship recognition via OBI’s social media channels.
Leadership Table(s) at $3,000
- Includes preferred seating.
- Acknowledgment in the evening’s program and event slide show.
- This package also includes sponsorship recognition via OBI’s social media channels.
Patron Table(s) at $1,500
- Includes acknowledgment in the evening’s program and event slide show.